Living Without a Gallbladder & the CODE RED Lifestyle
- The gallbladder is the “purse” that holds digestive enzymes that help break down fats when you eat them. Since we eat a high fat lifestyle, this can post a problem as the body now doesn’t have the ability to regulate when the enzymes are released.
- Consider how LONG is has been since your surgery. For some people, where they are at 1 month from surgery will feel differently than how they are doing 1 year from surgery. Things may change.
- For people who are bothered by fats, we suggest shifting to a more plant-based fat and less animal-based fats. This seems to work for lots of rebels.
- Keep a food diary so you can pinpoint which foods bother you the most. For instance, some people will have trouble with bacon but can eat sour cream with no problems. This will be valuable information for you.
- Everyone is unique. Some clients have NO problems without a gallbladder and others struggle.
- Avoid drinking one hour before meals and during meals. This will make digestion easier for your body.
- If you are still having problems, consider talking with your primary care provider about taking digestive enzymes with every meal. You can also get them over the counter under our amazon storefront supplement section: https://www.amazon.com/shop/coderedlifestyle
Can my child do CODE RED?
At this time, we do not design/write custom programs for anyone under 18 years old. This is due to liability. However, we think drinking water and eating real food is a great idea at any age. Here are some ideas: 1. Check with your pediatrician ...
Tell me about this CODE RED B vitamin!
After much thought and consideration, CODE RED decided to provide REBELS the option of taking a B vitamin. Our first idea was that it is an essential supplement for our REBELS who have had gastric surgery as they are almost always deficient in B ...
Help! I have a new itchy red rash! Is this Keto Rash????
If you have just started into the fat burning lifestyle and have developed a red itchy rash, first ouch! I know it can be miserable. Some people have called it a “keto rash”. Since CODE RED isn't traditional "Keto" we don't see it as often. It CAN be ...
Can I do this lifestyle if I am diabetic? Diabetes and CODE RED
Thank you so much for your email asking about CODE RED and diabetes. Below you will find articles and videos about our lifestyle and diabetes. Of course, we feel that CODE RED eating is the best thing for anyone (type I or II, prediabetes, etc) who ...
Cholesterol and the CODE RED Lifestyle
If you have spoken with a health care professional, it is not our intention to contradict their recommendations or opinion. However, the CR life believes a bit differently than traditional medicine. Here is what is best. Do you OWN research. Read ...