Some thoughts and ideas on your upcoming colonoscopy
1. Regarding clear liquids: clear liquids make or purchase some bone broth. It will give you some great nutrition.
2. Instead of Gatorade, I would invest in some Ultima or Redmond or HYDRO-CHARGE electrolyte powder and drink that instead. I would have BIG doses of the electrolyte replacement. They just want you to have good electrolytes levels since you will be pooping out so many of them. Also, BONE broth will work great here. SUGAR free JELLO are fine here as well. NOTE: NOTHING RED OR ORANGE COLORED
3. If you are asked to eat low residue before the procedure. Some ideas would be…
4. For after the procedure, stay hydrated. Again, something gently like bone broth or veggie/chicken broth is a good idea. You may gain weight and don’t let this bother you. When you eat, make sure it is bland for the first 24 hours or so.
5. Reminder: nothing red or orange before your procedure. Always follow your doctor’s orders.